Thursday, January 17, 2013

Welcome / Introduction



After having worked for over 4 years in the field of solar energy in West Africa (I worked for Rural Energy Foundation and SolarNow), coaching and assisting many entrepreneurs, I decided to start as an entrepreneur myself. Smart Energy Services was born on the 31st of August 2012. It’s a small enterprise which has the mission to offer efficient, affordable and sustainable energy solutions to the Burkinabe population. Currently Smart Energy Services is basically urban oriented, selling and installing evaporative aircoolers in Ouagadougou. The ambition however is to also become a major player in the supply of innovative energy solutions to the rural population.

Anyway, big challenges are facing me. From my around my 16th birthday I have always worked as a salary worker. And if it were as a paperboy for a couple of dollars a month or as a coordinator for an international organization, the common reality was that I always knew what to expect at the end of each month. As an entrepreneur that’s quite different. It’s a continuous calculation and estimation on which part of the revenues can be reinvested and which part should be reserved for paying the bills and salaries at the end of the month. Just to give an example.

With this blog I will try to share updates on the evolution of the enterprise and in particular on my personal experiences: on motivation and frustration, on dilemmas and challenges, on successes and deceptions, and on whatever deserves to be shared.

Please feel free to give feedback in the form of questions, advices or ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment